Coming up at Arno…
Half-day for students Dismiss 11:40
Afternoon and Evening Conferences
Last day for the Book Fair
Mrs. Jensen’s Pie and Poems 2:00
Happy Thanksgiving Arno Families!
No School- Black Friday shop ’till you drop
PTA Reflections Tea Celebration 6:30
School Improvement Plan Meeting 3:45
PTA Meeting 6:30
Have a wonderful holiday
On behalf of the entire Arno staff, we would like to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving and a restful holiday week. We feel so very lucky that you share your children with us everyday to help make a difference in their lives. Enjoy!
Due to the short week, the next blog post will be on December 4th
Sponsored by Allen Park High School
Hello Parents, Staff, and Community Members, Allen Park High School students, school organizations, and other district schools are working together to help families in need during the upcoming holiday season by collecting toys, books, and clothing. This year, in addition to the toy boxes, the woods class students are building bookshelves which will be outfitted with fabric storage bins. As in previous years, we need your help! If you’d like to donate new items, or clean, gently used articles, you may drop them off at any of the district schools’ main offices.
Monetary donations are always welcome and will help offset the construction costs as well as supplementing any items not received. If you know of a local family in need who would appreciate help this holiday or are asking for some extra help for your own family, please contact Mrs. Jeannette MacDonald, counselor at Allen Park High School email@example.com or at 3138271236. All information will be kept confidential. We hope that you will consider participating this year to help make the holidays of local families a bit brighter. The annual APHS Toy Drive Party will take place December 8 th , from 35pm for district students and staff. Join us for cookies and hot chocolate, with a performance by the Jazz Band, as well as visit from Santa! Small donations or unwrapped presents will be accepted at the door. All students are welcome.
The annual APHS Toy Drive Party will take place December 8 th , from 3-5pm for district students and staff. Join us for cookies and hot chocolate, with a performance by the Jazz Band, as well as visit from Santa! Small donations or unwrapped presents will be accepted at the door. All students are welcome.
From the Art World…
Founders Day Nominations
Founders Day is a celebration of the amazing things that the PTA does in the life of our school and overall community. The Allen Park PTSA Council will be hosting this annual event at The Red Fawn on Wednesday, February 24, 2015 at 6:00 pm. Dinner tickets will be available in the office for purchase.
- Support Personnel – recognize a person that demonstrates professional excellence and a commitment to the students of our district. This person is someone in your building who gives tirelessly and without looking for praise. It should be a person who helps to better the lives of children and the building in which the represent. They are someone who goes above and beyond the role of “support personnel.”
- Outstanding Educator – recognize an outstanding educator from each local unit who demonstrates professional excellence and commitment to the students of our district
- Distinguished Service – a member who has given unselfishly and tirelessly throughout the year to better conditions for children and youth which reflects the real purpose of the PTA/PTSA as child advocates. It should be a member who has brought new meaning and direction to your unit and whose actions demonstrate the PTA/PTSA objectives
- Outstanding Program – recognize a 2015-2016 program that demonstrates the objectives of the PTA
- February 2015 Blood Drive – Cathy Anderson
- April 2015 Daddy/Daughter Night – Amy Muse & Beth Scalf
- May 2015 Spirit Week – Sarah Kalis
- May 2015 Staff Appreciation – Jill Beesley
- June 2015 – Run Club/Color Run
- September 2015 Welcome Back – Heather Lada
- September 2015 Family Kickball Night – Jill Beesley
- September 2015 Fall Fun Run – Kelley Ellis
- November 2015 Mother/Son Night
- November 2015 Reflections – Emilia Vega
- December 2015 Family Caring Night – Amy Muse & Beth Scalf
- January 2016 Olympics – Nicole Amonette
- Business Partner – recognize a business that your PTA/PTSA has partnered with and by entering into partnership with this business, your PTA/PTSA may have been able to carry out a program or event, or enhance an existing program or event that demonstrates the objectives of PTA.
- Council Member – this award honors an individual for exemplary service with Council sponsored projects, programs, and special events.
- PTA Lifetime Membership – honors a person who has given outstanding service to children, someone who has promoted children’s well being by serving as an advocate for children in such areas as education, health, safety and legislation. The honoree need not be a member of the PTA/PTSA nor be well known beyond his or her own area of service.
Just a reminder that our book fair only has one more day left- Monday, Nov. 23. The fair is open until 7:15 of that conference night.
Thanks for your support!
Mother and Son Night
Lots of smiling faces filled Sky Zone last Friday at our Mother and Son Night. Arno students were treated to lots of bouncing, pizza, and cupcakes- all while getting to spend some special time with Mom. Enjoy the pics below of our fun evening!
4th Grade Dental Delight
Two students from Wayne County Community College recently visited Mrs. Solak’s class to do a presentation on oral hygiene. Fourth graders engaged in several hands-on activities which promoted discussion about how to care for and protect their teeth.
Arno Green School
Each year, Wayne County donates trees to local school districts to promote environmental stewardship. Students from Mrs. Solak’s class planted a new tree this past week at Arno. This effort to beautify the school and provide additional food, protection, and homes for wildlife will be included in this year’s application for Michigan Green Schools.
4th Grade Dioramas
Our awesome 4th graders shared their book reports and diorama projects this week to showcase the book that they chose. The students did a fantastic job and their projects were just amazing. Great job 4th grade!
Introducing our Principals of the Day
Antonio and Vinnie Kulaszewski enjoyed a day of being the top spot at Arno in their role as principal for a day (Top Fundraisers). They got to experience first hand all of the work that goes into running a school and how fun it can be to get to experience all of the kids at Arno. Great job guys, I couldn’t have done it without you! Mr. Zielinski