Oct. 3

img_0010

Coming soon to Arno,

Oct. 3

Super Cougar Lunch

Oct. 4

No events

Oct 5

State Count Day- Please try to be sure your child is in school

Oct 6

Fall Picture Day

PTA Meeting 6:30

Oct 7

Image result for fundraiser

PTA FUN RUN 

Image result for congrats

img_1299img_1302img_0009Congratulations!!!

What exciting news Arno received this past Monday.  Our first grade teacher, Mrs. Dawn Watson received a “Teacher of the Week” Award from WNIC after being nominated by a parent.  After finding out she won, Mrs. Watson had this to say  “I am honored that one of my students nominated me for the WNIC Teacher of the Week.  It is a pleasure and a privilege to work with the students at Arno. We get to learn, love and laugh together everyday!  I get to see their faces light up and their big smiles when they’re successful. I get to help them when they struggle, pick them up when they fall, hug them when they’re not well and guide them through learning challenges. I am a lucky teacher indeed!  In addition to working with my wonderful 1st grade classroom family I have THE BEST 1st grade teaching team and colleagues in the field. It is an honor to receive recognition for doing the work that I love and I look forward to celebrating with my colleagues and classroom family when WNIC comes to visit us on Thursday morning.”  Congratulations Mrs. Watson from the whole Arno family!!

img_0011

PTA News

The Fun Run is one week away! We are hopeful more students will hit their goal in order to achieve our overall school goal. Please remind your families to donate this weekend! Donations are accepted online or by sending cash/checks into the school office clearly labeled “Fun Run” with your students name and teacher so they can get credit. Remember every student who collects a pledge will get a prize!

As of now team Martinchick is in the lead with Watson & Amonette as the closest classrooms chasing after them! We are humbly greatful for the generosity of the donations submitted so far!

Gum Ball membership challenge update! Martinchick leads with 12, Haskin & Kalis tied with 11. We’re having so much fun watching the gumball machines fill up! Keep gathering memberships to help your students class!

A big thank you to the families that came out for our first ever mad science night! We hope you were carried away with the fun, silly, and educational experiments Atomic Angie displayed for our students.

Congratulations to Mrs. Watson for winning Teacher of the Week from WNIC! We’re so proud of her for all that she does for our students and families!

We look forward to seeing many of you again at the PTA meeting this Thursday, October 6th at 6:30! Free childcare is provided.

Fourth Annual Arno Fun Run

The PTA and school community are excited for this event on Friday, October 7 .

On Line Donations

We hope that you are finding the Get Movin’ Crew on-line donation website easy to use and are able to share with friends and family.  We are on track to meet our goals for this year and are so grateful for all you are doing!  Go to http://www.thegetmovincrew.com/ and Click on the Star if you haven’t had a chance to register yet and share the message about our Caring Cougars Making Tracks.

The Report System makes your job easy! Cash and check pledges merge into Pledge HQ for accurate pledge reports. Run Reports at the Click of a button, anytime!

PTA Mad Science Night

From the Dry Ice bubbles to Bernoulli’s Principals on air pressure, Arno students got a fun look at how science works in our world.  We had many families show up for the educational fun, and were able to enjoy cookies after the show compliments of the Arno PTA!

Displaying IMG_0023.JPGDisplaying IMG_0024.JPGDisplaying IMG_0025.JPGDisplaying IMG_0029.JPGDisplaying IMG_0032.JPGDisplaying IMG_0035.JPG

Put On Your Smile…

Please mark your calendars for Thursday, Oct. 6 for picture day.  Information will be coming home soon.

Thank you for attending our Meet the Teacher Night 2016.

We are excited about the new school year and are looking forward to working together as a team!

This year,  330 students were represented by their parents!

Image result for pizza

Super Cougar Lunch

As part of our PBIS positive support this year, the principal will be having a pizza lunch with all the

Super Cougar winners each month through the year, as well giving each student a certificate.  Our first date is Oct. 3 at 11:00

Image result for inspirational quotes