Coming soon to Arno…
3rd grade to River Raisin
Principal’s meeting 9:00
Fire Prevention Assembly 9:00 K-3
Bully Prevention Assembly
Skating Party 6:00
Welcome Back PTA rewards
From the Arno PTA
Happy Friday Cougar Families,
A few reminders:
Next Wednesday, October 26th, we have our Applebee’s Fundraiser at the Allen Park Applebee’s. A No-Hassle way to take your family out for dinner and help support your PTA!
Thursday, October 28, from 6-8pm we have our first skating party at Skateland of Woodhaven! Come on out and skate, glide, dance, trip, and stumble through a night of fun!
Our Gumball Challenge is kicking up and almost coming to an end. It is a close race between classes. Get your Membership Forms in to add more gum to your class machines! A more detailed update will become available next week!
Our next PTA Meeting is coming up soon, Thursday, November 3rd at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria! Come check out what is going on and what we will be doing with all the Fun Run money!
We really could not be more grateful and thankful for all the hard work that went into the Fun Run! The rewards for the top performers are as follows:
Each Grade Level Winner will get a limousine ride with Mr. Zielinski to lunch at a restaurant in the area. For 3rd Grade, there was a tie, so both students will get to go out to lunch! For the overall student winner he will get to be, “Principal for the Day!” The Class Winner will receive a Pizza Party.
And without further ado….YOUR 2016 FUN RUN RESULTS AND WINNERS…..(Drumroll Please…)
|TOP STUDENT PER GRADE|
|TOP OVERALL IN ARNO|
|School||Classroom||Grade||Total Raised ($)|
|Arno Elementary||Team Martinchick||Grade 1||$2,522|
|Arno Elementary||Team Watson||Grade 1||$1,500|
|Arno Elementary||Team Amonette||Grade 2||$1,075|
|Arno Elementary||Team Kalis||Grade 4||$1,060|
|Arno Elementary||Team Stanley||K||$975|
|Arno Elementary||Team Trionfi||Grade 4||$935|
|Arno Elementary||Team Pushman||Grade 1||$745|
|Arno Elementary||Team Warneck||Grade 3||$740|
|Arno Elementary||Team DiCarlo||K||$675|
|Arno Elementary||Team Schultz||Grade 2||$650|
|Arno Elementary||Team Haskin||K||$645|
|Arno Elementary||Team Wesley||Grade 3||$625|
|Arno Elementary||Team Hool||Grade 5||$595|
|Arno Elementary||Team Higgins||Grade 4||$555|
|Arno Elementary||Team Tillery/Brown||Grade 2||$475|
|Arno Elementary||Team Smalley||Grade 4||$365|
|Arno Elementary||Team Uhring||Grade 5||$300|
|Arno Elementary||Team Guyot||Grade 3||$285|
|Arno Elementary||Team Creutz||Grade 5||$120|
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!! Details about the lunch will become available in the next couple of weeks! Remember to check the Arno Elementary PTA Facebook page for updates and events, as well as, past school blog posts.
Have a Great Weekend!
Enhancement Millage Information
Full Letter on millage:
THANK YOU DTE Energy!
Our 4th grade students loved the presentation on ENERGY and greatly appreciated the TAKE ACTION KIT that was passed out to each student to bring home and share with their parents.
CHECK THEM OUT ON THE WEB
More happenings in Arno…
Updates regarding Halloween at Arno Elementary.
- Monday, October 31st.
- 10:30 AM. Halloween Parade. Outside
- Classroom teacher will communicate with you if they are having any events to follow
- Students will wear their costumes to school.
- All costumes must be school appropriate
- No play guns or weapons of any kind
- Please do not allow your child to wear a mask. Masks tend to slip causing a possible trip and fall accident / injury.
- Weather permitting. We will be outside for our parade. Our plan is to start the parade with our Kindergarten classes. We will walk through the building picking up each class and exit door # 8(5th grade doors). We will walk around the inside perimeter of the playground fence, and then down the way to enter through the office main door- the best place to stand and watch would be on the outer perimeter of the fence, and along the sidewalk to the office. Each class will then proceed back to their classrooms.
Teacher Professional Development Dates
This year, the district calendar reflects 8 half-days of teacher PD that is required by the state. Those PD dates feature no school in the afternoon, 11:40 dismissal. The dates for October/November are as follows: