Coming soon to Arno…
Reflections Contest Kickoff
Fire Drill 1:30
Half Day- dismissal @11:40 Teacher PD
Red Wings Assembly
From the PTA
FUN RUN IS HERE! We hope everyone has a GREAT DAY and the weather cooperates! So far we have over $10,000 in donations and still counting! A BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE because without your help, this year’s Fun Run couldn’t and wouldn’t have been as successful! Just a reminder that donations will be accepted until next Friday, October 14th. so don’t delay, get your students contribution submitted online or into the office!
Have a great weekend!
Cougar Run Club News
Updates regarding Halloween at Arno Elementary.
- Monday, October 31st.
- 10:30 AM. Halloween Parade. Outside
- Classroom teacher will communicate with you if they are having any events to follow
- Students will wear their costumes to school.
- All costumes must be school appropriate
- No play guns or weapons of any kind
- Please do not allow your child to wear a mask. Masks tend to slip causing a possible trip and fall accident / injury.
- Weather permitting. We will be outside for our parade. Our plan is to start the parade with our Kindergarten classes. We will walk through the building picking up each class and exit door # 8(5th grade doors). We will walk around the inside perimeter of the playground fence, and then down the way to enter through the office main door- the best place to stand and watch would be on the outer perimeter of the fence, and along the sidewalk to the office. Each class will then proceed back to their classrooms.
21st Century Learning at Arno…
When walking into room 122, you’ll notice that the classroom looks different. This third grade learning space doesn’t have traditional desks or tables for 26 students.
Instead, Mrs. Warneck’s classroom has a variety of seating options.
There are stools, yoga balls, wobble cushions, video game chairs, regular chairs, yoga mats, standing tables, a standing desk, a sitting desk, ottomans, bean bags, beach chairs, small tables, clipboards, and a new carpet space, which the classroom recently won from Jabro Carpet One in a voting contest. This furniture arrangement is called Flexible Seating and — in addition to the students viewing it as fun—research says Flexible Seating has positive impacts on student learning.
Here are some examples:
helps students attention spans which results in higher achievement
makes students more actively engaged in the classroom
gives them an active outlet without disrupting their learning
makes them more physically fit
motivates students to want to come to school
helps those with ADHD and Autism, along with other special needs
helps develop a sense of community among the students which improves their social skills
helps them to become independent learners
Please read the attitude article on the importance of student attendance, which is mandatory by the laws of the State of Michigan. Please be aware that we are required to follow up with families either verbally, in writing, or both when absences reach the 10 full day mark.
Teacher Professional Development Dates
This year, the district calendar reflects 8 half-days of teacher PD that is required by the state. Those PD dates feature no school in the afternoon, 11:40 dismissal. The dates for October are as follows: